Monday, February 1, 2010

Burrito Filling


A few weeks ago Kimberly posted her review for spicy black bean empanadas. The recipe was one of the recipe's of the week from our Facebook group. It was such a delicious recipe that I decided to make a similar version of it tonight and use it for burrito filling. I used a lot of the same ingredients and I also added a few things. It tasted great and it was a nice change from the packaged mix that I usually use when I make burritos.

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1&1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1&1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 15oz can pinto beans, drained
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder*
1/4 teaspoon onion powder*
1/4 teaspoon salt*
1/4 teaspoon pepper*
1 cup shredded cheese(I used cheddar/jack mix)

*Onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper are approximate measurements. I added these to taste. Add more or less to fit your taste.

Brown beef in pan. Once it is almost cooked through, push meat to side and add minced garlic and onion. Saute for a few minutes until tender. Mix together and add remaining ingredients(except cheese). Cook on low for 8 minutes. Mix in cheese. Once melted, wrap up in warm flour tortillas. Tastes great with guacamole and sour cream.


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails