Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Magic Layer Bars






















Every 5 weeks I get to make cookies for one of our church's group get-togethers. I like having the opportunity to try new recipes. Not that I am baking up some strange recipe to bring to them, but considering my husband prefers the choice of either oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies, I don't always get the chance to try anything new. I have never had magic layer bars, but they sounded so good that I had to try them. They were indeed...fantastic! Another one of those recipes that keep drawing you back to them throughout the day. And what an easy recipe. This would be very hard to mess up.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted(I like salted for this recipe)
1 cup crushed graham crackers(crushed into crumbs)
1 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
6 oz chocolate chips, equals 1 cup(I used semi-sweet since it didn't specify)
6 oz butterscotch chips
1(14) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup nuts, chopped(I used pecans)
















Directions:
Pour melted butter in a 9X13 baking pan. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the top. Next layer coconut and chips in order given. Pour condensed over the top. Top with nuts. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Recipe courtesy of  recipezaar.com
Pin It

4 comments:

McTasty said...

Wow, these look great! Yum!

adrienne said...

These look insanely delicious. I almost wish I'd never seen them.
:-)

Ms. Meanie said...

I love these bars. I've made them a few times and they are amazing. Yours look fantastic. I like the addition of the butterscotch chips.

Amber said...

Adrienne-I scraped the entire 9X13 pan with a butter knife to get every last morsel!!(I don't usually do that!)

msmeanie-Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails