Friday, February 5, 2010

Mexican Chicken Lasagna


















A few days ago I went to a Pampered Chef party where they served Mexican Chicken Lasagna as the recipe for the night. It is basically just a enchilada casserole(which I've made before) but one of the ingredients was cream cheese which I have never put in my enchiladas. I thought they were great! I very nice twist to a basic enchilada recipe. I searched for and found the actual recipe on recipezaar.com. The original is made in the microwave using one of their special microwavable dishes(a deep ceramic oblong dish with a lid). I baked mine in the oven using a standard 9X13 pan. This is a very rich and cheesy recipe, which I love, but I know not everyone has the same love for cheese that I do. You can always cut the cream cheese and shredded cheese amounts in half.

SERVES 8 , 1 lasagna
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, lightly packed(I left the cilantro out)
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded, divided(I like using half cheddar, half jack)
  • 1 medium onion (about 2/3 cup chopped)(I used half this much)
  • 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
  • 12 (6 inch)  corn tortillas
  • 3 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
  • fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional) 
These directions use Pampered Chef tools, but you can use any knife, bowl, etc...that you have at home.
  1. Chop cilantro with Chef’s Knife. Place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Add cilantro and 1½ cups of the Monterey Jack cheese; mix well using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Chop onion using Food Chopper; set aside. Spread 2/3 cup of the enchilada sauce over bottom of Deep Covered Baker. Pour remaining enchilada sauce into Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl; set aside.
  2. To assemble lasagna, using Sauté Tongs, dip four tortillas into enchilada sauce in mixing bowl and arrange over sauce in baker overlapping as necessary. Scoop half of the cream cheese mixture over tortillas using Small Scoop; spread using Small Spreader. Top with 1 cup of the chicken and one-third of the onion. Repeat layers one time. Dip remaining four tortillas into sauce and arrange over second layer. Top with remaining chicken and onion. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over lasagna and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese.
  3. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro. Cut into squares using Utility Knife; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.(I baked mine at 375 for 35 minutes, using a glass 9X13 pan)


Pin It

6 comments:

Hollie said...

I just found your blog about a week or so ago. Your recipes look delish and I can't wait to try them!

KimberlyQ said...

Welcome and thank you for joining us Hollie, please let us know if you try anything and what you changed about it.

Federica Simoni said...

mmmm..che buono!

Amber said...

Thank you Hollie! I hope you enjoy:)

Federica- Thank you!

Leah said...

This sounds so yummy! It's going on my list of Recipes I want to try :)

Amber said...

Thank you Leah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails