Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oatmeal Craisin Cookies "husband's favorite"

 
My husband has 2 favorite cookies. Chocolate chip and these oatmeal craisin cookies. My list of cookies that I love is much, MUCH longer....however...these are definitely high up there. They are, I must say, quite addicting. It's the same oatmeal cookie recipe I have made for a long time(I believe the vanishing oatmeal cookie recipe from Quaker)but it was the addition of dried cranberries in place of raisins that make these cookies sooo delicious.

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened(I like using salted for these)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 & 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oatmeal(I usually use quick oats)
1 cup dried cranberries(or raisins)

Mix butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Mix until just blended. Add oats about 1 cup at a time and mix until blended. Fold in dried cranberries. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. Just until edges start to turn golden.

 

Pin It

12 comments:

Federica Simoni said...

deliziosi!!! complimenti!!baci!

Busymomsteph said...

These are my absolute favorite!! Yummy!!

fallingsky1028 said...

Just made these this afternoon and they're delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

Thank you!

Allison said...

So delicious! I made these and substituted half a banana and 1/2 cup applesauce instead of egg. I also subbed almond extract for the vanilla. They are AWESOME.

Amber said...

Allison, I'm glad you liked them!

Anonymous said...

How many cookies does this make/yield? Do you know how many per serving?

Amber said...

The recipe makes about 4 dozen.

John said...

OK, Craisins were on sale so I grabed a couple of bags...Googled Craisin cookies, lead me here. Will leave out a couple of eggs and butter and away we go...Will let you know how they turned out...

Katie said...

not that long ago I was making oatmeal cookies and realized my raisins were expired and substituted craisin(which I actually bought to make dog treats) and they were great and my dogs were happy to be able to have 1 too

Anonymous said...

Can you use margerine instead of butter

Amber said...

Yes, you can use margarine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails