Friday, February 19, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ravioli

I was talking the other day with my little sister about getting a pasta maker. I would love to make homemade raviolis stuffed with veggies and cheese or this great sausage stuffing that I found for mushrooms. I told her, wouldn't it be great if they made the wrappers and all you needed to do was stuff them, seal them and cook them (if anyone knows where I can get these please let me know). My sister smiled at me and said, "Kim, they already make those, I saw them at the grocery store yesterday". Of course I was skeptical and a little excited at possibilities. The next day she comes by with my "ravioli" dough, all ready for stuffing... they were wonton wrappers. Poor thing, I couldn't break it to her but when she left I had a great laugh. So now I had 50 wrappers and do not know what to do with them. Got online and found a recipe from Giada that calls for wontons and chocolate, YUM! So I changed it to fit my tastes and tried it. It was really good and great for a party where you need finger food for the dessert table.

Chocolate Peanut Butter filling

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
1/4 cup butter
2 TBL peanut butter (chunky works best but use whatever you want)

Microwave chocolate and PB about 1-2 minutes until chocolate is almost melted, stir to melt. To a seperate bowl add Peanut butter and 1/2 of chocolate mixer, should be thick.

Ingredients

  • 16 wonton wrappers
  • 1 egg, beaten to blend
  • 1 cup chocolate peanut butter mixture from above
  • Vegetable oil, for frying (you need very little)
  • Nonstick vegetable oil spray
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting

Directions

Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap. Place 1 wonton wrapper on the work surface. Brush the edges of the wrapper lightly with egg. Spoon 1 tablespoon of chocolate-peanut butter mixture into the center of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper diagonally in half over the filling and press the edges of the wrapper to seal. Place the ravioli on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers, egg, and chocolate-peanut butter mixture.

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Add enough oil to a heavy large frying pan to reach a depth of 1inch. Heat the oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F.

Working in batches, carefully add the ravioli to the hot oil and cook until they are golden brown, about 45 seconds per side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ravioli to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Then, transfer the cooked ravioli to another baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while frying the remaining ravioli. (The fried ravioli can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool them completely, then cover and refrigerate. Before serving, place them on a baking sheet and rewarm in a preheated 375 degrees F oven just until they are heated through, about 7 minutes.)

Arrange 2 fried ravioli on each plate. Dust the ravioli with powdered sugar.


Pin It

3 comments:

Amber said...

These sound incredible!!

Federica Simoni said...

mmmmm...che delizia!!

Just Jenn said...

yum... kinda sounds similar to our nuetella crepes! hm... must post those one day! Those sound yummy! Must try it ... (one day!) ha ha! I am collecting too many recipes!
Have a lovely weekend!
Just Jenn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails