Thursday, February 4, 2010

Easy Cheesy Taco Cups

I found this recipe last summer in a magazine (which one? I do not know as I just tore it out and stuck it on my fridge). It was presented by a gentleman named Byron Kasper. It originally called out for bbq sauce and I will give that variation at the bottom but I changed it to fit my family's tastes and they love tacos. You can make this from start to finish in less than 30 minutes and your family will love it, especially the kids. It is great for a quick weekday dinner and you may already have the ingredients on hand. To make it lighter just substitute lean meat of your choice, light cheese and reduced fat biscuits. The picture does not show the true way I serve this to my family because when I added the tomatoes and hot sauce it looked like I had murdered someone in the kitchen. Sometimes red photographs a little gruesome, but please feel free to add salsa, tomatoes, cilantro, or anything else you would add to your taco, just remember to add it after it comes out of the oven. Oh I forgot to add, it is made with only 5 ingredients!

Ingredients:
3/4- 1 lb ground beef, turkey, chicken (your choice)
1/4 cup taco seasoning or 1 packet of the prepackaged kind
1 16.3 ounce can of refrigerated biscuits (use reduced fat, you cannot tell a difference)
3/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice, I use the mexican blend if I make tacos and jack if I do the bbq style.
1 tsp sour cream (or what ever extra you like on your taco)

Preheat oven to 400〫In a skillet, brown the meat over medium heat, drain. Pour drained meat back in pan and heat over medium heat, add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Stir until mixed. Grease a 6 jumbo muffin pan and place a piece of each biscuit dough in each cup, stretching the dough up the sides. Divide the meat mixture among the biscuit cups, sprinkle each with cheese and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.

Various: 3/4 cup beef, 1/2 cup bbq sauce of your choice, 1 TBL brown sugar, and cheese of your choice.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails