Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Slow Cooker "Ribs"

 
When making my grocery list the other day I asked my husband if he had any dinner requests. He suggested these "ribs" which are one of his favorite recipes of mine that I make. My mom used to make them while I was still at home. I always loved the smell of them cooking all day in the slow cooker. Anyone who has read this blog before may already know that I LOVE using a slow cooker! They make getting dinner ready so easy!  This recipe is also incredibly simple. I always call these ribs, but they are really pork strips. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

Pork strips, with or without bone(adjust the amount depending on the size of your family. I often make a small amount)
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
garlic powder
pepper
salt
onion powder
2 tablespoons oil

Heat up oil in a pan. Add pork and sprinkle(to your liking)with garlic powder, salt, pepper and onion powder. Lightly brown for a few minutes. Add pork to your slow cooker. Cover with onions, minced garlic and bbq sauce.Sometimes I'll add some additional garlic and onion powder to the slow cooker. Cook on low for approx. 8 hours(time may vary depending on slow cooker and amount of pork).


Pin It

1 comment:

Federica Simoni said...

splendido piatto!! molto invitante!!! complimenti!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails