Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sweet Cornbread


















A couple of months ago, when my family and I were on a never ending illness kick, my mom decided to risk her own health, cross our threshold (which should have been covered in caution tape at that point) and bring us dinner. Thanks mom! She brought over a yummy homemade bean soup and cornbread. They were both delicious! I really liked this cornbread recipe. It was a little more cakelike and not as crumbly as some other cornbread recipes. I made this the other day to go with our dinner. It's so good, and of course I cover it with butter and honey!

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Corn Meal
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup veg. oil
3 Tbls. melted butter or margarine (I used butter)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" square baking pan. Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, oil and butter in a small bowl, mix well. Add to flour mixture, stir just until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. 


Pin It

3 comments:

Jj said...

Mmmmm...bean soup and cornbread - in winter there isn't much better than that, is there! Well, maybe chili but when you're not feeling well, bean soup seems to be the next thing in line to chicken, don't you think? Anyway, hope you're all doing better!

Jj said...

PS. Do you use northern beans in your bean soup?

Amber said...

Jj-Thank you, yes we are all doing well! As far as the beans for the soup, it was my mom's recipe, I'm not sure what she used...sorry. I've never tried making bean soup, but I should, because I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails