It's that time of year when most of us will end up going to at least one holiday party. Whether it's a work, school, friend or family get-together, we almost always will bring an appetizer to share. While searching for some finger food ideas for my son's birthday party this weekend, I found this yummy and easy recipe on the Taste of Home website. They are served cold, so you do not have to worry about keeping and transporting them hot. If you have a long drive ahead of you, just stick them in the cooler.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, picante sauce, taco seasoning and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in olives, chilies, cheese and onions. Spread about 1/2 cup on each tortilla.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Slice into 1-in. pieces. Serve with salsa. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Editor's Note: Pinwheels may be prepared ahead and frozen. Thaw in refrigerator.