Sunday, December 20, 2009

Layered Bean Dip


This recipe is my go to recipe when I need to bring an appetizer to a party. It's so easy to throw together and, in my opinion, tastes great. There are a lot of layered bean dip recipes out there. I don't even remember where I got this one. I think it was from my mom, but I have made a couple of changes to it. You can easily tweak this to fit your taste.

Ingredients:
Large can of refried beans
1/2 c salsa
Guacamole or guacamole dip(I use Dean's, the bigger of the 2 sizes)
16 oz sour cream
1 pkg of taco seasoning
Shredded cheese, cheddar or cheddar/jack mix
1/2 c olives, sliced
Green onions,sliced
Tomatoes, chopped(I left out)

Directions:
Mix beans with salsa. Spread in a 9X13 pan. Next spread the guacamole over the beans. Mix together the taco mix and the sour cream. Spread over guacamole. Sprinkle with olives (and tomatoes if using). Cover with shredded cheese. Lastly add onions. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.




Layered Bean Dip on Foodista Pin It

3 comments:

KimberlyQ said...

beautiful picture. Makes me want to go make it right now! Thank you for sharing

Lisa said...

Delicious!A friend brought this over to our party and I love it!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

Amber said...

Thanks Lisa! Just did it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails