Friday, December 18, 2009

Treat #5 Chocolate Covered Pretzels















 This year, for my neighbors, I decided to make chocolate dipped pretzel sticks. I love chocolate covered pretzels. Probably  because, like the payday bars, I love the combination of sweet and salty. These were very easy to make. I put them in clear christmas gift bags, tied with a bow and a tag.

Ingredients:
large pretzel rods
Chocolate for melting( I used Wilton's melting chips in cocoa)
Candy, chopped
Ex-butterfingers,heath bits,sprinkles,mini chocolate chips, candy canes(The candy cane pieces and chocolate chips were a little bit harder to work with)
Directions:
Follow the melting directions on the back of your chocolate.  Spoon chocolate over half of the pretzel. Shake off excess. Sprinkle or spoon candy over the chocolate. Set on waxed paper. Once completely hardened, put in gift bags.



Pin It

4 comments:

VegeCooking Club said...

I love the sweet/salty combo of chocolate and pretzels.

Anonymous said...

Pretzels have been my ultimate craving lately, and these look absolutely decadent! Great job!

sarah said...

How many pounds of chocolate did you use (to cover what number of pretzels)? I am having a tea party with my nieces and we are going to make these. Thanks for the great posting!

Amber said...

Sarah, I used one or two bags of Wilton candy melts. The bags are 12 oz each. You can purchase them at craft stores and Walmart. You can also use milk chocolate chips. Just follow the directions on the bag. Sometimes I need to add a little shortening to chocolate chips(not the Wilton melts). I hope you all have fun making them! I did!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails