Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Turkey Alfredo


Now I am sure at this point you all must think that we only make the most fattening foods we can find. While I do love a good, full fat treat, the majority of my meals include fish and this year alone I have lost 76 lbs while enjoying all of these foods in moderation. It is my intention to start posting my fish recipes at the beginning of the year when everyone wants to get off the holiday weight. I made this tonight for my family, using light whipping cream. I will write all of my changes next to the recipe but I want to post the original for three reason- 1. not everyone is dieting, 2. this is a great, fast and easy treat to enjoy once in a while and 3. it will help you get rid of any leftover chicken or turkey. It truly is delicious and so much cheaper than a restaurant.


Chicken Fettuccine in Alfredo Sauce

courtesy of Kevin Larson

3/4 cup heavy cream or half and half (I used light whipping cream but try with milk)

3/4 cup butter (I used 1/2 stick which still gave it a buttery taste though maybe not as rich)

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (I used 1/4 cup of the real stuff, grated from a block)

1 clove garlic, minced

1/4 cup white wine (optional)

pinch of Italian seasoning

pinch of garlic salt

1 1/2 lbs boneless cooked chicken cut into strips (I used left over white meat turkey, shredded)

Fettuccine or other preferred wide noodle (I used Whole Wheat spaghetti noodles)


In large deep skillet, pour 3/4 cup of heavy cream. Add butter. Warm slowly until butter melts. Turn up heat up it starts to simmer. Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and garlic. Simmer 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Spoon off 1/4 cup of sauce, put into small bowl and add 1-2 TBL flour, mix until smooth and add back to pan. Continue cooking until thicker, add chicken, cover and simmer for 2-4 minutes longer. Serve over noodle of your choice.


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails