Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Gingerbread Houses

What I'm about to say would have bakers everywhere screaming and mothers cheering...
For this week's ROTW I chose mini gingerbread houses. The inspiration came from the Martha Stewart site and graham crackers were used in place of gingerbread. That's not the part that would cause horror. This is. I put my houses together with a GLUE GUN! It worked liked a dream. I'm so glad the cashier at my grocery store gave me the idea. This week has been sooo busy and I wasn't about to try and put together multiple little houses with frosting. I've heard it is very time consuming. And besides, it's not like I'm going to eat them anyways. Do people actually do that? Me and my 2 kids had a lot of fun putting them together. I hope to make it a yearly tradition. I used the royal icing recipe that Kimberly posted along with her tip to use hair dye bottles(which worked great!).

Here are my houses.





















Pin It

7 comments:

KimberlyQ said...

Adorable houses, I kind of want to do the minis now, they would make great place cards for Christmas with each persons name written on the roof or something.

Amber said...

That's a great idea! You can't tell in the picture, but they are about 5 inches high I think.

marvin said...

yummy!

Gala said...

The one with the pretzel logs is my favorite!

Amber said...

Thank you Gala!

McTasty said...

Beautiful! I wanted to make gingerbread houses this year with my nieces, I hope we get the chance, Christmas is like now!!!!

Amber said...

McTasty, Thank you! Every year I have high hopes of making them and this is the first year I actually did. This is such a busy time of year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails