Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Turkey Veggie Soup

My mother-in-law is ill right now with a cold. My father-in-law called to ask where he should get some soup for her and I thought, why buy when you can make? I made a turkey a couple days ago and still had leftover turkey so I created this soup with my left over veggies and turkey (both dark and white). It is perfect for these cold days of winter. I hope you enjoy it. Remember you can add anything you have in your kitchen. I have never loved making homemade stock so I used the pre-boxed kind.

2Tbl Olive Oil
1 medium onion diced
1 cup carrots, peeled and cubed
1 cup celery, washed and sliced thick
2 medium squash, washed and cut into cubes
32 oz. chicken or turkey stock
2 cups water
2 cubes poultry bullion cubes
2-3 cups of shredded turkey or chicken
1 cup of orzo pasta
salt and pepper to taste

In a dutch oven or large stock pot on medium heat add olive oil and heat until oil is hot. Add onion cook until almost tender. Add carrots and celery, cook for 1 min. Add pasta, cook for 1 min. Add squash, chicken stock, water and bullion cubes. Bring to boil then reduce to low. Add chicken or turkey and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste. Serve hot.


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails