Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cookie # 7 EggNog Cookies



I came across this recipe and thought it sounded great, if not at least fun. The first time I made it I tried to half the recipe and somehow screwed it up and it melted all over the pan (I should have taken a picture of that). Second time was the charm for me, the dough was the right consistency, the frosting was aromatic, sweet and full of flavor. This is a rich cookie but something very different from anything I have made in the past. I hope you enjoy it.


Preheat oven to 375〫
Cookie:
1 1/3 Cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup eggnog
2 tsp dark rum ( I used Meyers)
4 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt

Frosting:
4 TBL butter, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tsp dark run
4 drops yellow food coloring
3 tbl egg nog
1/4 tsp nutmeg (use fresh ground if possible, it does make a difference)

Combine all ingredients for cookies in the order listed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes. When cookies are done, pressing on the centers lightly should leave no impression. Do not overbake.

Combine all frosting ingredients together with an electric mixer until frosting consistency. Frost cookies and sprinkle very lightly with nutmeg.


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails