Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Taco Soup


















Sometimes I enjoy the prep work that goes along with making dinner...chopping potatoes, slicing carrots, sauteing onions.but then there are other nights, (well really most nights) when I just want to toss everything into a pot and be done. This recipe I have for taco soup is just that. Aside from browning your meat, all you have to do is dump everything into a slow cooker and let it cook. It's super easy to make and everyone in my family really likes it.

1 lb ground beef(you can also use shredded chicken)
1 11ozcan diced tomatoes with chiles(like Rotel),undrained
1 16oz can pinto beans
1 16oz can kidney beans
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
1 4oz can chiles
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 packet ranch dressing seasoning mix

DO NOT DRAIN CANS

Brown and drain ground beef. Put it into a slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients. Do not drain cans. Cook on low for about 5 hours. You can also cook this soup on the stove. I simmered mine for about a 1/2 hour.



Pin It

2 comments:

Juliana said...

I am following from MBC as well-come by and follow my bloggy blog back if you would like. It is nice to meet you! ~Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog!

I think I might make the taco soup for dinner. I am not a very good cook--my husband usually does it, but I LOve your blog and hopefully you will turn me into a great chef

Amber said...

Hey Juliana, Thank you!
I checked out your blog earlier today. Very cute! I love the name!

This soup is super easy...anyone can do it. Enjoy:)
Amber

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails