Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cranberry Chicken



I saw a recipe somewhere in a magazine(now I can't remember where)but it combined cranberry sauce, onion soup mix, along with some other ingredients and put it on chicken. I thought that sounded like it might be really good so I tried to come up with a recipe that included those 2 main ingredients. What I came up with was really good. My husband really liked it also. I will definitely be making this again. I also love that it works great as a slow cooker recipe.

Ingredients:

1 1b chicken(I used boneless skinless thighs, but bone-in chicken would be great)
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 packet dry onion soup mix(like Lipton's)
1/8 cup brown sugar(maybe a little more if you really like it sweet)
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 T cornstarch

Put chicken in a slow cooker(I put mine in frozen). Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Time will vary depending on slow cooker and type of chicken used. Boneless chicken cooks much faster.
Serve with white rice(optional)

Pin It

3 comments:

Katie said...

This sounds great. I love chicken thighs. Thanks for sharing!

Seizing My Day said...

YUMMY.... My kids love my homemade cranberry sauce.. so they will surely love this! ;) I love food... too bad I have to be 'good' with my sugars! rude. I think I am going to like following your blog... A LOT! Visiting again from MBC. Today is my recipe day! ;)
Jenn~

Amber said...

Thanks Jenn!:)
I tried visiting your blog, but It was taking me to a page with no posts. I'll try again tomorrow.Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails