Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bourbon Chicken

















Let me start by saying that my husband told me last night that this was the best chinese food I have ever made. Wow! I always like hearing stuff like that. I had made this particular recipe before, but I tweeked it a little bit this time. It's a wonderful combination of sweet and spicy. And...it's easy to make!

Ingredients:
1-2 lbs of chicken breast, cut up into 1in chunks
1-2 tablespoons oil
1 garlic clove, pressed or minced

Sauce ingredients:
1/4 teas. ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup apple juice
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce(more or less depending on how spicy you want it. A little goes a long way. Can be found in Asian food section of your store)
2 tablespoons of cornstarch(again you can use less if you like a thinner sauce, or even none at all for a really thin sauce)

Mix sauce ingredients and set aside. Heat up oil in a wok or large pan. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle. Add sauce. Bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat until sauce thickens. This will only take a few minutes.
Serve with white rice(optional)
   


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails