Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup

Ok, so the picture is not good, but the soup tasted great. I made this soup a couple weeks ago. It was one of our ROTWs. It is a "light" recipe, but it is not lacking in flavor AT ALL. My entire family loved it, even my very picky husband and children. I did make a couple of changes to the recipe. I'll put those in Italic.



2
cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup with 30% less sodium
1
can (10 oz) Old El Paso® enchilada sauce(I used the next size up, I believe 14 oz)
2
cups milk
1
cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1
package (9 oz) frozen cooked southwestern-seasoned chicken breast strips, thawed, chopped (2 cups)(I could only find this in the lunch meat section, not frozen)
3/4
cup crushed tortilla chips


1.
In 3-quart saucepan, mix all ingredients except tortilla chips. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
2.
Top individual servings with tortilla chips.






I also mixed in about 1/2 cup of salsa while the soup was heating up. 





Recipe courtesy of BettyCrocker.com























Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails