Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies



Who doesn't love the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking, or the taste of them right out of the oven? I can usually pass them by if they've been in a cookie jar for a couple of days, but can quickly devour them if they are sitting on the cooling racks. I always use the recipe right off of the back of the chocolate chip bag, but I have made a couple of small changes to it over the years. I have noticed that there are other factors aside from the recipe that will affect the finished product, such as the flour that you use. I have added my tips below.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (this is more flour than the original recipe calls for. I think it helps achieve a better looking cookie.)(Also, I think bleached flour provides a better texture. This of course is not necessary though. I have also noticed that some brands of flour work better than others. I have no idea why. I have had my best luck with Pillsbury flour)

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup butter, softened(I prefer salted)
2 teaspoons vanilla(twice as much as original recipe)

12oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips



Mix together flour, salt and baking soda and set aside. Mix sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla just until blended. Don't over mix. Add half of the flour mixture, mix. Stir in the rest of the flour mixture. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Place tablespoonful size amount onto a ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-11 minutes.

Tip: Take cookies out right when edges are golden. The tops may still look not quite done, but they will continue  set as they cool.

Pin It

4 comments:

KimberlyQ said...

Love chocolate chips cookies! Add one box of vanilla pudding to the mix and it takes a good cookie and makes it even better. That is my little trick!

Federica Simoni said...

che buoni questi biscotti!! mmmm......

Amber said...

Federica-Thank you!
Kim-Sounds great! Do you use the small or large box? Instant or regular?

McTasty said...

I'm definitely trying these. Always looking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails