Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Empire State Muffins























For this week's ROTW(recipe of the week) on our facebook page, I picked a recipe from Taste of Home. It was for Empire State Muffins. They sounded like the perfect breakfast muffin. They are loaded with things that are good for you. Recipes like this are pretty much the only way I can get  my son to eat a vegetable(frustrating). They turned out great! I only made a couple little changes.

  If you ever want to try our ROTWs you can get to it by clicking on the link on the right side of the blog. We  love hearing feedback and seeing photos of your finished product!Kimberly and I take turns picking a new recipe every Friday(untried by either of us). We try it and give you our review also.The ones we really like make it over here to the blog. They can't all be winners, right...? 

Ingredients

  • 2 cups shredded tart apples
  • 1-1/3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries(I used craisins)
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour(I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1&1/2 cups white)
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil(If you want to lighten up the recipe use 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine apples and sugar. Gently fold in cranberries, carrots and nuts. Combine dry ingredients; add to bowl. Mix well to moisten dry ingredients. Combine eggs and oil; stir into apple mixture.
  • Fill 18 greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tins. Yield: 18 muffins.






Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Pin It

4 comments:

Federica Simoni said...

che bella foto!! e che invitanti!!

Amber said...

Federica, Thank you!:)

Seizing My Day said...

just poppin in from MBC ... I love muffins... these sound yummy... Perhaps I will 'test drive' this recipe on the weekend! ;) I will post at least one recipe a week on my new blog... new followers very welcome! ;)
Jenn~

Amber said...

Jenn-Welcome! Thanks for poppin in:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails