Monday, January 4, 2010

Marinated Pork Chops w/ Pineapple Salsa or ROTW

I am not sure if meat photographs all that well but I thought I would give it a-go. Each week our group posts a "Recipe of the Week" or ROTW (you can click on the link at right) in the hopes of getting people to experiment with something they may not have ever tried before. Sometimes the recipe is a winner (see Pecan Tart) and other times we realize that we cannot burn the recipe fast enough. This week was pork and I chose it because I hear it is the other white meat ie. low in calories and fat (if you choose the right cut) and I rarely eat pork in any of its forms so that means experimentation for me. The marinade end result was good, not great, but good enough that my husband asked me to keep the recipe (I think that orange zest and a little of the juice would compliment the pork better than the lime alone). The meat had a nice flavor, was juicy and cooked quickly which is great for a mom of three hungry children. With that said, I really just want to talk about the salsa. It was so good that I ate it for dinner as a side dish. It was tart, sweet, salty, creamy (added avocado) crispy, slightly spicy and simply delicious.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails