Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Healthier Banana Blueberry Muffins
















In the effort to try and share some "lighter" recipes this week, here is my healthier version of banana blueberry muffins. My kids can't eat these fast enough. Each of them had 3 for breakfast this morning, even my 3 year old! It's a nice way to get them to eat something healthy.

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. baking powder

1 cup sugar (I have decreased this to 3/4 cups before and still tastes sweet enough)
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter, soft
1/4 unsweetened applesauce

3 ripe bananas (If they are big I would just use 2)
1 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries (Or a little extra if you really love blueberries!)

You can also add chopped nuts, like walnuts or pecans(I never do since my daughter prefers them without)Fold them in at the end.

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients together(first 5 listed). Next mix sugar, eggs, butter and applesauce. Now add your mashed bananas or throw them in whole if you are using something like a kitchen aid mixer and mix until pretty smooth. Mix dry and wet ingredients together and then fold in blueberries. Pour into greased muffin pans. Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes, until tops are lightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.

Pin It

1 comment:

marvin said...

I always love healthy foods

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails