Monday, November 9, 2009

Spinach Balls ala Rosemary



One of the most wonderful things about the holiday season is the sharing of family recipes. As a child there is a sense of peace and happiness watching someone create what will become a family tradition, especially when it has to do with food. I love to ask my friends (or better yet taste/eat) what foods remind them most of the holidays. I have a friend that makes the best dill sauce on homemade dumplings and pork. I have begged and pleaded and offered my first born in a futile attempt to get that recipe. And while she will not share it, I thought in the coming weeks I would share some of our family recipes and give you a taste of the foods that make our holidays special. This recipe was handed down from my grandma, on a recipe card, and is written in her own handwriting. Isn't that such a wonderful gift to give someone? When she is gone I will still have her beautiful writings to remind me of her.


Spinach Balls ala Rosemary

These are the perfect, quick appetizer for when a friend just drops by to say hi. They go from freezer to oven and are ready in about 20 min (less preheat time).


Ingredients

  • 1 box favorite seasoned stuffing mix
  • 2 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed,squeeze out excess moisture
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 6 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 bunch chopped green onions
  • 1 tsp salt (optional)
  • Directions
  • In a large bowl add thawed, drained spinach, eggs, stuffing, melted butter, cheese, green onions and salt. The mixture will be loose, form into 1" balls and place on a plate that will fit into the freezer. Freeze balls until solid. You can transfer balls once they are frozen to a large freezer bag for use later.
  • To Cook:
  • Preheat oven to 400〬 Remove from freezer, place on a cookie sheet (DO NOT THAW). Bake for 20 min or until light brown.

Pin It

1 comment:

Amber said...

These sound sooo good! The ingredients are going on my grocery list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails