Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mom's Stuffing/Dressing




This is the stuffing recipe my mom has made for as long as I can remember. The smell and taste bring me lots of wonderful memories of  Thanksgiving. I have yet to try a stuffing that I like better. The original recipe comes from Betty Crocker, but my mom has made a few little changes to it. Tonight was the first time I have ever made it and it was very simple to make. We always make our stuffing outside of the bird, instead of in it. That is how I prefer it, but you could also use this recipe to stuff your Turkey.

Ingredients:

1.5 cups chopped celery with leaves
3/4 cups butter
1/4 - 1/2 cup chicken broth
9 cups of soft bread cut into little cubes(I used an inexpensive white loaf)
1 teas. salt
1/2 teas. ground sage(I used rubbed sage and it worked fine)
1/2 teas. thyme
1/4 teas. pepper

Melt the butter in a large stock pot. Add celery and saute until tender. Add spices and broth, stir. Add bread cubes and mix it all together. Once completely mixed pour into a  9X13 pan. Bake covered with foil at 375 for 30 minutes. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails