Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beef (venison) Stew

Today I came up with a new stew recipe and I was REALLY happy with how it turned out. Typically I just use a packaged stew mix, but seeing as i didn't have any on hand, I decided to make do with what I had in the pantry. The result...my new go to stew recipe! I made this recipe with venison, but you can make it with beef also.

Ingredients:


1lb beef or venison, cut up into small cubes
2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut up
2 carrots, peeled and sliced or baby carrots whole
1/2 of a medium onion, cut into chunks
1 pkg dry onion soup mix (like Liptons)
1 small can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of red cooking wine
1 14.5 oz can of beef broth
1/2 cup of water
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste


cornstarch
water

Directions:

Add all of the ingredients(not the cornstarch) to a slow cooker. Mix together. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 4 hours. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, turn the slow cooker on high. Mix together 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl or cup. Stir cornstarch mix into boiling stew. Stir until the broth thickens. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails