Friday, November 6, 2009

Salsa Chicken Soup




Thursdays are busy nights for us. If I can remember...I always try and throw dinner in the slow cooker earlier that day so we can eat dinner that evening at a decent time. Today I decided to take a recipe given to me a couple weeks ago from a friend and combine it with some recipes I had found online. The original recipe given to me sounded great, but once again I was attempting to make do with what I had in the pantry. The result was a really delicious mexican style soup. Everyone loved it! I will definitely be making this again. Here's what I came up with.

Ingredients:

3-4 pieces of chicken (I used boneless, frozen thighs)
2 cans of seasoned black beans, undrained
1 cup of salsa ( I used pace picante, medium)
1 small single serving size can V8 juice (smallest can they make)
1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 small can diced green chilies
3 chicken boulion cubes
garlic powder, pepper, salt to taste(watch the salt. It's pretty tasty already)

Directions:

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Put all of the ingredients in. Mix together. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. About a 1/2 hour before eating, remove the chicken, shred and put back into the soup. Mix again. Garnish with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese (optional).
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails