Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Parfait




I absolutely looove pumpkin pie. Especially  covered in cool whip! Well in honor of National Parfait Day, November 25th,  I made a pumpkin pie parfait. When I  found out that Parfait Day was coming up, my first thought was, parfaits aren't very fallish. When I think of a parfait I think of flavors like strawberry or raspberry. Something that would make a nice summertime treat. Well that doesn't really work for fall so off I went to find a parfait made with another fruit, pumpkin. I only tried one recipe and in my opinion it's perfect. The parfait tastes  like a bite of pumpkin pie smothered in cool whip. The gingersnaps give this recipe a delicious "crust". Another great thing about this recipe is that you can lighten it up by using sugar free pudding and light cool whip, making it a much healthier alternative to pumpkin pie.

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup cold milk(I used 2%)
  • 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix(I used sugar free)
  • 2 cups whipped topping
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup chopped pecans(I left the pecans out this time, although I do love pecans) (If I were to use them I would probably toast them first)
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps
  • additional whipped topping

Directions

  1. In a large mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in THE whipped topping, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; mix well. Fold in pecans.
  2. Spoon half of the mixture into parfait glasses; top with half of the gingersnap crumbs. Repeat layers. Top with additional whipped topping. 
Original recipe courtesy of  Lorraine Dorocha


Pin It

1 comment:

KimberlyQ said...

This looks so great, I am going to try it tomorrow with a few changes, I will post what happens. Thanks for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails