Friday, November 20, 2009

Peanut Butter Fudge



November 20th is National Peanut Butter Fudge Day. Yum! I have never made peanut butter fudge before, or any other kind of fudge for that matter. I found a great recipe by Alton Brown over on the Food Network website. What a delicious and easy recipe. It only has 4 ingredients and you make it in the microwave! I did not make any changes to the ingredients. It's perfect as is. I also think that melted chocolate chips spread on the top would taste very good. Like a Reese's cup.

Did you know?

  • Americans on the West Coast prefer chunky peanut butter, whereas those in the East Coast like it creamy
  • The reason peanut butter sticks to your mouth is that its high protein content absorbs moisture
  • 96% of people, when making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, put the peanut butter on before the jelly
  • Adults actually consume more peanut butter than kids
Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan (I used unsalted butter)
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 pound powdered sugar(1 16oz box)

Directions


Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. (I used a 1.5 qt. casserole dish with lid to prevent splattering.)Add vanilla and powdered sugar to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon.(I mixed mine in a Kitchen Aid mixer until it looked smooth. It will not look creamy while you are mixing it)

Pour into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with waxed paper.(I didn't have any wax paper. I just sprayed my pan with cooking spray.) Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.(A pizza cutter works great for cutting this.)


Pin It

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photo has been stoelen-

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83497121/24-squares-low-carb-peanut-butter-fudge

Amber said...

Yes, I saw that! Thank you:)

Lisa said...

This recipe turned out amazing! So simple! I just realized I was supposed to microwave it for 4 mins total. Do you think that is why mine stayed somewhat soft even after being in the fridge overnight?

Amber said...

Thank you Lisa! Hmm...not sure why it was too soft. I wonder if it has to do with the type of peanut butter you used, or maybe not enough sugar? Last time mine came out almost too dry. I think I put in a little bit too much powdered sugar. I was using a bag instead of a box. I weighed it, but who knows? Or...maybe you didn't mix it long enough. I have read that can happen with chocolate fudge(too soft from under mixing).

Lisa said...

Thanks Amber. Now that I think about it, I had a half jar of Peter pan and Kroger brand peanut butter. Next time I will use only one brand. I weighted my powdered sugar, too. I will try mixing it longer, too. Regardless everyone at work loved it! Thanks for responding.

Amber said...

Lisa, let me know how they come out next time! I'll be curious:)

Take care

Lisa said...

Thanks, I will!

Lisa said...

Remade it and it was awesome and not soft. :)

Amber said...

Great! What did you do different?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I saw your picture of the peanut butter fudge on someone else's website http://www.easy-sugar-free-recipes.com/sugar-free-peanut-butter-fudge.html

just wanted to let you know in case it's stolen

Amber said...

Hi Anonymous, thank you! Yes....I've also seen my picture used on Etsy, for someone selling PB fudge. Oh well, I guess I'll just take it as a compliment. :)Next time I should put my name on my photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails