Description: This recipe may look rather tacky at first glance, but be assured, it is scrumptious! Try this as a Halloween pumpkin cake for your Halloween party.
|1||29 oz. can pumpkin (or use fresh)|
|12 ounces||evaporated milk (1 can)|
|1 cup||sugar (brown sugar is OK too)|
|1/2 teaspoon ||nutmeg|
|1 package||yellow cake mix|
|1 cup||melted butter|
|1 cup||chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans)|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 7 ingredients well.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan (greased with towel and margarine).
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of mixture.
- Sprinkle nuts over cake.
- Sprinkle butter over cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until cake tester comes out clean.
Contributed by: Leah Zinn gets credit for this, by way of Trudy Umansky of San Diego.