Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Apples


I have a love/hate relationship with apples. Sometimes I cannot get enough of them, especially when they are dipped in carmel or are in the form of any of those great concoctions that The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory comes up with. And then somedays they are too soft, a little too ripe, too warm, a little too brown. I do understand and have seen first hand the amazing power of the apple. My sister-in-law was very ill, the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her and she was losing weight at an alarming rate because she couldn't keep anything down. Her skin and the whites of her eyes were yellow, not light pretty yellow, but that yellow that just screams organ failure. Her doctor told her to eat an apple (seriously). She ate the apple (only half because she was sick after all) and you wouldn't believe it but the yellow drained from her eyes and skin (for about an hour). I couldn't believe it but I saw that day the importance of apples. That old saying might just be true, an apple a day just might keep the doctor away (for a short time anyway). I learned to eat apples, I even learned to like apples and somedays, I dare say, when the apple is perfectly crisp, sweet/tart and cool, I love apples. I especially want my apples covered in the crumble from this weeks recipe challenge. So remember, have your apple today. Pin It

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I am the sister-in-law and its absolutly true! I could only eat apples the entire time I was having a severe gull-bladder attack that ultimatly ended in surgery. They were a life saver, I have been a fan ever since.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails