Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Amber's Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies Review

From Let's Eat!


So today I was able to make this week's ROTW, Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies. I have never combined peanut butter and bananas before in any recipe, so this was a first. I thought they turned out really good. My kids loved them! I have to admit I made quite a few adjustments to the original recipe. Here is the original ingredient list with my changes in parentheses.

Ingredients:
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (3 cups quick oats)
1 cup all-purpose flour (1 1/2 cups flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (1 t baking soda)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (1/2 cup butter)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (1 cup brown sugar)
1 large egg white (2 large eggs)
1 cup mashed ripe banana (I used 1 & 1/2 bananas)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup peanut butter chips (I went ahead and tossed in the whole bag, why not?)

After mixing the ingredients I thought the dough needed a little more flour. I probably ended up adding 1/3 to 1/2 cup of flour. After baking the cookies I realized that that amount was probably a little more than I needed. I suggest maybe baking a few cookies first, and if they come out to flat, add a little flour. The texture of your dough will also depend on the size of your bananas.

Original Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails