Saturday, October 31, 2009

Amber's ROTW/Chili and Cornbread Review

What could be better on a cool Halloween night than chili and cornbread? Too me it's the perfect choice. Both the chili recipe and the cornbread recipe were so delicious!

First let's talk about the chili. Be prepared, this recipe makes A LOT of chili. Perfect choice when company's coming for dinner. I only made 2 changes to the recipe. I added 2 packets of chili mix instead of 1. I also omitted the peppers and celery, since my family is not a fan of either. I thought the addition of sausage in chili was a great idea. I have never tried that before. Everyone loved this chili which always makes me happy!

Now on to the cornbread. Since I've been married I have been making Jiffy cornbread. It tastes good and for less than 50 cents a box, you can't beat it. I just always assumed however that all corn bread will leave your plate with a huge pile of crumbs. Not to mention the huge mess of crumbs that make it too the floor. This was such a delicious cornbread recipe. It was sweet and had a wonderful texture. The best part, virtually no crumbs!

I will absolutely be making both of these recipes again. I hope everyone enjoyed these as much as I did. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails