Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
















 
I found this recipe originally in the recipe section of our local newspaper's website. I love finding new places to get more menu ideas and I'm glad I found this site because I LOVED this recipe for beef bourguignon! I adapted it a little bit to work with my very much beloved slow cooker. For those of you who do not share my same fondness for slow cookers;)....you can get the original directions here.

2 pounds beef chuck shoulder pot roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 slices bacon, chopped (about 4 ounces)
Vegetable oil

Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
2 cups Burgundy or other dry red wine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons dried marjoram leaves, crushed
8 ounces baby carrots (about 1-3/4 cups)
8 ounces fresh pearl onions, peeled or frozen pearl onions or medium onion in chunks

Fry bacon in a large pan until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside on a paper towel. Brown beef in the same pan with bacon grease. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once lightly browned, remove beef with a slotted spoon and place in a slow cooker. Add bacon and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Serve with hot egg noodles(optional)
Pin It

2 comments:

Federica Simoni said...

splendido questo piatto!! complimenti!

Everything Mom and Baby said...

I cannot wait to try this!
Following you from Everything Mom and Baby.

http://everythingmomandbaby.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails