Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

I have been wanting to try making my own spaghetti sauce for awhile now. I came across this recipe for Mom's spaghetti sauce on FoodNetwork.com a few weeks ago. It was really yummy with a ton of flavor! The sauce wasn't difficult to make, but it seemed to take a long time to put it all together. I guess anything would compared to just dumping a jar of premade sauce into a slow cooker. If you want to try making your own sauce, I recommend giving this recipe a try. Be forewarned though...it makes a ton! I made it in my large slow cooker instead of a pot and it was practically overflowing! The only thing I didn't love about this recipe was the sausage, so if you don't like Italian sausage just leave it out.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 pound ground pork(I didn't use pork. It had plenty of meat without it)
  • 1 pound Italian sausage
  • 2 large onions, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 5 large cans tomato paste
  • 10 tomato paste cans water
  • 4 tablespoons Parmesan
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
  • 6 leaves fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Directions

In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the ground beef, pork and sausage until it is brown. Drain off excess fat. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Cook for 3 to 4 hours on medium heat, stirring often to prevent scorching.





Recipe courtesy Chris Divito
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails