Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chicken Tortellini Soup

 
The other night I decided to make chicken noodle soup with tortellini in place of egg noodles. I had seen some other tortellini soup recipes with more of an Italian twist, but I decided to just stick with my homemade chicken noodle soup recipe that I always use and love. My only change was the noodles. Everybody loved it! My daughter had 3 bowls that night. My husband even commented again on how much he liked the soup, the following day(that surprised me). I think this recipe is definitely heartier than regular chicken noodle soup, making it feel more suitable for an everyday meal. Enjoy!
 
Chicken pieces with bone in, skinned(I used 4 thighs, but it could have used a little more chicken)
1 cup carrots, sliced or baby carrots
1 cup sliced celery
Chicken boullion cubes(about 8 more or less depending on amount of water used)
water
Salt
Pepper
Frozen or refrigerated cheese tortellini

Directions:
Put chicken and vegetable in a large stock pot. Fill pot with approx 10 cups of water. Add boullion cubes and salt and pepper to taste. Use approx. 1 cube per every cup of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 90 minutes. Remove chicken from broth. Remove chicken from bones, cut up, discard bones and return chicken to pot. Bring soup back to a boil and add tortellini. Cook tortellini according to directions on packaging.



Pin It

4 comments:

Just Jenn said...

That look so yummy and easy! though I would have to use "mini" ravioli for the kids - as they think tortellini is yucky! ;) Have a great day!
Just Jenn~

KimberlyQ said...

great picture! This looks wonderful.

Melissa said...

I made this on Sunday and the whole family loved it! It was delicious and super easy to make! Thanks for the recipe, I will definitly make this again!

Amber said...

Melissa, I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails