Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chocolate Chip Coconut Oatmeal Bars

















I don't usually add chocolate chips to my oatmeal cookies. I usually like either chocolate chip cookies, or oatmeal cookies...not combined. Not that I wouldn't eat them(there's few sweets if any that I ever turn down!)it's just not my preference. For whatever reason I've been on a coconut kick and I decided to make some oatmeal cookie bars using coconut and chocolate chips. They did in fact turn out really good! I just used my usual oatmeal cookie recipe with a few additions. Enjoy!

1 cup butter, softened(I like using salted for these)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 &1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 &1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats(quick or regular)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
 
 Directions:

Mix eggs, sugars, butter and vanilla in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Combine wet and dry ingredients together. Stir in oats 1 cup at a time. Fold in chocolate chips and coconut. Pour into a lightly greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

Pin It

9 comments:

Natalie said...

yum i love this idea! can't wait to give this a try!

KimberlyQ said...

These look great. I usually don't like chocolate with my oatmeal but I will give them a shot for a potluck I have coming up. I will let you know. Thanks.

Matt said...

Got em in the oven right now!

Amber said...

Matt, I hope you love them!

Anonymous said...

These are delish!I toasted the coconut and also added a tablespoon of instant espresso

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche said...

Hi! I thought you might be interested to know that I made these the other day and posted them on my blog :) they were amaaazing! Thanks so much for the recipe! :D

http://amuse-your-bouche.blogspot.com/2011/12/coconut-choc-chip-flapjack-fingers.html

Amber said...

Glad you liked them Becca!

boogster said...

Made these a while ago and were super tasty and a hit! I want to try to make them vegan for work party (have vegan coworker). Any ideas on what to substitute for egg?

Amber said...

Glad you liked them! As far as an egg substitute, here's what I found.

http://www.veganbakingsecrets.com/?p=240

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails