Friday, February 26, 2010

Whole Wheat Flax and Apple Muffins

 
I few weeks ago a tried a new recipe for these whole wheat and apple muffins. They were very yummy and good for you too. My kids loved them! They make the perfect breakfast muffin.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
(I added 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
1 egg, beaten
1 & 1/2 cups finely chopped apples
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts(I used pecans)

Directions:
Combine dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl mix egg, oil, milk and sugar. Blend dry and wet ingredients together. Fold in apples and nuts. Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake at 400 for 17-20 minutes.

Recipe courtesy, Barb Gertz, originally posted on Recipe Zaar.

Pin It

3 comments:

KimberlyQ said...

I have been thinking about trying flaxseed for a while. Maybe this is my opportunity, they sounds great.

Amber said...

I bought it in the bulk section(way cheaper!)Then I ground it in my blender. The best way to grind it is in a coffee grinder, but I don't have one of those. The sweet potato bread I posted a few days ago has flax seed in it also. It doesn't change the taste(to me anyways)but it does add some nutritional value.

Everything Mom and Baby said...

Hi Ya! Your blog is making me hungry.
Following through MBC.
Come by and visit when you get a chance. I have a recipe up for applesauce muffins.
http://everythingmomandbaby.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails