Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches


 
I love bbq shredded meat sandwiches. It doesn't matter to me if it's pork, chicken, or beef. I usually buy the pre-made shredded meat that comes in the little tubs at the store. This time I decided to just make my own shredded chicken in the slow cooker. It wasn't difficult at all. It turned out really delicious and it ends up being much cheaper than the store bought meat. 

Ingredients:
1-2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts(I used frozen)
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
1 medium onion, sliced(I don't put them on my sandwich, I just like it cooked with it for flavor)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
garlic powder
onion powder
pepper

Directions:
Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover with onions and minced garlic. Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Cover with entire bottle of bbq sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. 1 hour before you eat, take chicken out, shred it, put it back in the slow cooker and mix. You can remove onions before serving if you like. Serve on toasted hamburger buns or sandwich rolls.

 
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails