Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baked Banana Blueberry Oatmeal

I love oatmeal! You know, like the kind from the little packs covered in sugar....However, I know they are not the healthiest choice for breakfast, so I tried a baked oatmeal recipe that I found over on Kath Eats Real Food. Great blog by the way to find some yummy, healthy recipes. I did add a couple of ingredients, but it was such a delicious recipe and definitely healthier than some of the instant choices(which I still love and will indulge in from time to time).

Ingredients:

2 cups oats(rolled or quick cook)
1 teas. baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 egg
1 mashed banana
1.5 cups skim milk (I used 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup water)
1/4 cup splenda (this was my addition)
1 teaspoon of vanilla

1-2 sliced bananas
1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries (my addition)

Directions:

Mix oats, baking powder and salt together. In a separate bowl mix egg, milk, vanilla, mashed banana and splenda together. Mix wet and dry together. Stir in blueberries. Layer 1 sliced banana on the bottom of an 8X8 casserole dish(sprayed with non-stick spray). Pour oatmeal over the first layer of bananas then add the other sliced banana to the top. Bake uncovered at 375 for about 25 minutes. I skipped this next part(although it sounds amazing!), but Kath increases the oven to broil, covers the  top with a tablespoon of brown sugar and broils the oatmeal for about 3 minutes.

Enjoy! Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails