Friday, April 16, 2010

Easy Fruit Salad

















Here's a quick and easy recipe for a fruit salad that I have always loved. I don't know where the original recipe came from. It's just one of those dishes that we always had at Holiday dinners growing up. And yes you do use sour cream....my husband is convinced that it is supposed to be Cool Whip:)

Ingredients:

1/2 bag of mini marshmallows
1 large can pineapple chunks
1 large or 2 small cans of mandarin orange slices
1 small jar of cherries (without stems)
8 oz sour cream (approx.) I've never measured, but I usually use about 1/2 of a 16oz container. Add more if needed.

Drain all fruit well. Mix marshmallows, fruit and sour cream. Add more sour cream if it doesn't seem moist enough. I usually make this no more than a few hours before eating, as the marshmallows will get softer the longer they sit in the salad. This recipe is easily doubled.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails