Thursday, June 14, 2012

German Chocolate Cake Bars

These bars were AMAZING! If you are a chocolate and coconut lover like me, then you'll love them. I found the recipe while looking around in the food section on Pinterest. Have you checked out Pinterest yet? If not, you really should. There are sooo many wonderful things to look at! My favorite, is the endless supply of delicious recipes! Just don't go on there hungry...you'll be sorry! This recipe was from Six Sister's Stuff. I love their blog! They have a ton of great recipes, so check them out.


Crust:
1 box devil's good cake mix (not the kind with pudding added)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg

Filling:
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup chopped pecans(I used only 1/2 cup)
1 cup shredded coconut (I used sweetened coconut)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips(I think I used closer to 1 cup, and I used a combo of milk and semi-sweet chips)


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan (I used non-stick cooking spray).
In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and egg, and press into the bottom of the prepared pan. The crust should not come up the sides. Bake for 7 minutes and remove from the oven. The crust will not look done.
While the crust is baking, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, egg, pecans and coconut. Pour evenly(IMPORTANT TO POUR EVENLY BECAUSE IT'S HARD TO SPREAD ON WARM CRUST WITHOUT THE CRUST SPREADING) over the warm crust and sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips. Bake for 24-30 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy!!

Recipe found on www.sixsistersstuff.com and was originally by Paula Deen
 
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails