Sunday, October 2, 2011

Baked Chicken Skins

Before you get all grossed out, I'll let you know ahead of time, that these were for my dog! That being said, you can certainly make them for yourself. After all, skin off a fried chicken is pretty tasty! Anyway...I always skin my chicken before I cook it(unless I'm baking it, then I skin it after because it keeps it moist). As I was skinning a pack of chicken I decided I'd try to bake it up for my dog, as a treat. All I did was lay it on a lightly sprayed, foil lined baking pan. I baked them at 400 for about 15 minutes. Your dogs will love them! Keep the rest in the fridge if you have leftovers. If you do want to make these for human consumption, I'd sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning of choice(before putting them in the oven). Pin It

2 comments:

More Cowbell said...

Try this...season the skins with whatever you like, e.g., pimenton, regular paprika, garlic salt, black pepper, a little Worcestershire Sauce, a little sugar, then put them in a saute pan, with a bacon press (prophetic!) too keep them from curling and cook really slowly. They will render out all their fat and be crispy and loaded with flavor. Use them where you might use crumbled bacon -- on a spud, a salad, mashed potatoes, in biscuit dough and so on. They really taste wonderful.

Amber said...

Thanks More Cowbell! Great tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails