Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup


I have a new favorite recipe site. OnceaMonthMom.com  . I will do once a month cooking from time to time (or my version of it anyways). Once a Month Mom has a TON of wonderful recipes and advice for anyone wanting to try once a month cooking. I made Italian sausage tortellini soup tonight and it was delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
  • 1 lb Italian sausage( I used sweet Italian sausage)
  • 1 cup onion, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
  • 5 cups beef stock
  • 2 cups tomatoes, chopped(I used canned)
  • 8 ounces tomato sauce
  • 2 cups zucchini, sliced
  • 1/2 cup carrot, sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper, diced  (I didn't use)
  • 1/2 cup dry red wine
  • 1 Tablespoons basil, dried
  • 1 Tablespoons oregano, dired
  • 10 ounces tortellini, cheese, fresh
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions:

 Saute sausage in a large pan. When the sausage is cooked almost all the way through, push to the side and add onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes, untill onion and garlic are soft. Drain fat. Add stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, wine, basil and oregano. Simmer for 40 minutes, until carrots are soft. Add tortellini to boiling soup. Follow package directions on tortellini for cook time. Serve with parmesan cheese on top.

Recipe courtesy of Kelly at onceamonthmom.com Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails