I've always loved Chicken and Dumplings. My daughter, however, does not love the big kind of dumplings that I usually make. She loves the little ones, like the kind you find in the canned chicken and dumplings. Tonight I decided to try a new recipe that would be similar to that. I found a recipe at allrecipes.com that was exactly what I was looking for. It was really easy and we all liked it. Next time I'll use bone in chicken. I just think it has a much better flavor, especially for Chicken and Dumplings. I'll also throw in some celery and 2 or 3 chicken bouillon cubes.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter(I did not add butter)
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, finely diced(I did not add onion, but I did add baby carrots)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces(I used 1 can of biscuits)
- Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
- Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.