Sunday, November 21, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

















I've always loved Chicken and Dumplings. My daughter, however, does not love the big kind of dumplings that I usually make. She loves the little ones, like the kind you find in the canned chicken and dumplings. Tonight I decided to try a new recipe that would be similar to that. I found a recipe at allrecipes.com that was exactly what I was looking for. It was really easy and we all liked it. Next time I'll use bone in chicken. I just think it has a much better flavor, especially for Chicken and Dumplings. I'll also throw in some celery and 2 or 3 chicken bouillon cubes.

Ingredients

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons butter(I did not add butter)
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 onion, finely diced(I did not add onion, but I did add baby carrots)
  • 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces(I used 1 can of biscuits)

Directions

  1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
  2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. 
Pin It

1 comment:

Natalie said...

yum! I recently discovered my love for chicken & dumplings. I too tried a slow cooker version that we loved! Check it out here: http://www.thesweetslife.com/2010/11/crockpot-chicken-and-basil-dumplings.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails